Upcycled Marina Bag
MARINA | POOL | MARKET | COMMUTE
Boating, grocery shopping, the pool or the beach. Upcycled/repurposed sail cloth and our ‘puddle proof base’ make this a great everyday bag for someone who is occasionally out in the elements.
- Hand Tote: molded handles for comfy carrying.
- Shoulder Bag: dual shoulder straps to distribute the load.
- X-Body: ample length adjustable strap with shoulder pad.
What’s New? For 2022 We’ve added inner sleeves to keep tall things protected and out of the way. We also added a padded “sit upon” so you always have a warm dry place to sit. The sit upon stows outside the bag keeping dirt and moisture from entering the bag. The sit upon also adds padding for the wearer and protection for electronics etc. The sit upon is made of water proof materials (closed cell foam, corrugated Coloplast sheet, and water resistant fabric). Perfect for the beach, wet benches, sit-ins, and picnics in the grass.
- waterproof 'puddle-proof' base - put it down in a puddle of water and your gear stays dry
- made from repurposed sailcloth
- stands up and open for ease of use (think grocery isle)
- zip top zips shut for improved security, or flips down inside bag for easy access
- three carrying modes including new ample length x-body strap
- easily rolls up for compact storage or to pack and bring with you (take it with your travelling, stow on boat)
- easy access inner and outer mesh pockets snap shut for improved security
- *NEW* folding "padded sit upon" stows in rear mesh pocket outside the bag (*)
- *NEW* three new inner sleeves to help prevent your stuff from falling to the bottom of the bag (two open vertical sleeves for water, wine, shoes,.., and one horizontal sleeve for tablet, small laptop, headlamp, ... )
- easily wipe clean the inside and outside base of the bag
- 1.5" thick dual gripper shoulder straps
- sailcloth can be treated with Aqua-Tite GREEN to improve water repellency
- d-ring sewn inside bag to attach keys, marina card for quick access
- machine washable, and re-treatable (see Care Instructions below)
- makes a great carry on bag
- Upcyceld sailcloth looks really cool and even looks better as it ages BUT please note sailcoth is not water resistant and is prone to staining (see Care Instructions below)
(*) = Photos coming soon!
- ~22 L volume (15″ H x 11″ W x 8″ D)
- dual shoulder straps 30" each.
- adjustable x-body strap maxes out at 54"
- recycled heavy weight sailcloth - cleaned and treated
- waterproof base hot air welded with added chafe protection for long life
- quality anti-wick B92 SunGuard thread resists mildew/rot and is UV stable
- taped seams for improved water resistance
- quality heavyweight 1.5" polypropylene webbing does not absorb water
- spot clean - simply wipe clean with a soft, damp cloth
- machine washable on cold delicate cycle every couple of years as needed
- base can be cleaned with a mild vinyl polish - we have had success with Meguiar's PlastX clear plastic cleaner and polish.
- mildew can be treated using IOSSO Mold and Mildew Cleaner. Soak overnight in warm solution, scrub lightly next day before washing.
- sailcloth is not water resistant and is prone to staining. Following the instructions, spray with Aqua Tite Green Water Repellent to improve both the water and stain resistance of your bag.
All Puddle Jump Bags were designed and tested aboard a cruising sailboat. Each bag is made in Sointula, BC.
Thank you for your interested in Puddle Jump Bags. Our bag designs are constantly evolving. Consequently, and because of our small size, some of our photos may be out of date. The bag you receive may be slightly different than the one pictured. Please read the text description carefully as this is the most accurate description of each bag design. Please contact us with any questions prior to ordering. We make an effort to respond in a timely manner. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we strive to serve you well with really great bags.