COMMUTE | TRAVEL | BOAT | POOL | BEACH | MARKET | ATHLETICS
The Go! Bag that converts to a bicycle pannier. This product is currently in the test phase of development and is not available for purchase. If you are interested in testing a Pedal ‘n Go! version of the Go! Bag please contact us.
The Go! Bag is designed for mavericks of movement: Citizen cyclists, circumnavigators, world travelers, multimodal commuters, transit users, those who aspire to move in a new way, and those who aspire to move more. You know who you are. You move deliberately because you live deliberately. You understand that movement is medicine. You need to move. We have designed a bag to support you so you can move more freely. It adapts to your needs. Your travel bag, your companion bag, your activist bag, your daily go-to bag. We call it the Go! bag.
The PJB Go! bag was designed from the ground up to be the most useful bag you will ever own. Use it as a tote bag, a backpack, a x-body/shoulder bag, or as a bicycle pannier. It performs each function well, while not being bulky (laden with single purpose/use design elements), overly organizing you, or requiring excessive adjustment.
The Go! bag is a “hybrid dry” bag. With the top extension rolled down and fastened this bag will take a direct hit from a wave and keep your stuff dry. The base is 100% waterproof and the sides are effectively weatherproof but still breathable – a nice combination to allow the bag to be lighter and less bulky and therefore more usable while not trapping moisture in the bag long term (avoiding mold/mildew issues). Heavy duty marine grade design and construction make for a bag of enduring quality.
Don’t organize me! We think your bag should adapt to you, not the other way around. The pockets of the Go! bag are designed to be useful and not get in the way. You have access to the full 30L to use as you choose. Try using smaller bags, pouches, and cases inside your Go! bag. The Go! bag is free to use as you see fit.
Design your Go! bag using your favourite colours. Configure your bag using our online bag builder tool and place your order. We build your custom bag and ship it to you by the date indicated.
Hand Tote Mode: molded handles for comfy carrying.
Shoulder Bag Mode: non-slip shoulder strap pads stay put, fully adjustable length (allows for Cross-body/Messenger Style wearing)
Backpack Mode: In a pinch the Go! bag converts to a backpack complete with sternum strap and shoulder pads to help distribute the load.
Bicycle Pannier Mode: In a pinch the Go! bag converts to a bicycle pannier that is adjustable to different loads.
IMPORTANT: The Go! bag is primarily a tote bag that converts to a backpack and a bike pannier in a pinch. The Go! bag is not as comfortable as a dedicated backpack, nor is it as performant as a dedicated bike pannier. It is a fairly basic, but functioning backpack/pannier designed to save your shoulders and back when you have overloaded your bag. We have come up with a bag to support the between moments that make up daily life. Super heavy carry-on load? Put it on your back. Heading off to work/school? Put it on your bike. Bag half full of a few groceries? Wear it on your shoulder, or put it on your back. Taking the bus, hitting the beach, the pool, the library, or perusing the local shops? Use it as a shoulder tote. We think you will love it.
- waterproof ‘puddle-proof’ base – put it down in a puddle of water and your gear stays dry (think showers at the pool, waiting for the bus, opening your car trunk, dinghy back to boat at anchor, kayak, paddle board..).
- water resistant and breathable sides made with heavy-duty marine grade fabric that easily wipes clean.
- five carrying modes in a light weight/succinct design
- easily rolls up for compact storage or to pack and bring with you (take it with your traveling, stow on boat)
- stands up and open for ease of use (think grocery isle)
- extends vertically with 30% cinch down extension for bulkier loads
- roll down extension to shed rain and waves while you dinghy to shore
- easily wipe clean the inside and outside base of the bag (think crushed banana, public washroom/restaurant floor..)
- water resistant and secure outer front zippered pocket
- easy access outer mesh pocket next to body
- unobtrusive inner mesh pockets
- machine washable, and re-treatable (see Care Instructions below)
- corrosion resistant marine grade hardware
- makes a great carry on bag.
- ~28 L max. volume
- ~22 L volume (15″ H x 11″ W x 8.5″ D) unextended or rolled down
- + 8″ extension = ~28 L max. volume cinched
- shoulder straps adjust in length between 24″ to 40″ each (custom sizing at no extra charge, please call to request)
- top-of-the-line heavy duty marine grade fabric (ultra durable, breathable, highly water resistant WeatherMax 80 sides, and Mercury 18 oz vinyl coated polyester scrim (ripstop) base)
- base hot air welded with added chafe protection for long life
- marine grade acetal bag hardware will not absorb water and degrade over time
- marine grade zinc coated grommets highly resistant to rust even in salt water conditions
- quality anti-wick B92 SunGuard mildew/rot, UV stable marine grade thread used
- taped seams for improved water resistance
- quality heavyweight polypropylene webbing does not absorb water
- quality parachute cord cinch will not fray over time
- reflective tape is sewn on
- spot clean – simply wipe clean with a soft, damp cloth
- machine washable on cold delicate cycle every couple of years as needed – hang dry!!
- base can be cleaned with a mild vinyl polish. we have had success with Meguiar’s PlastX clear plastic cleaner and polish.
- may need occasional re-treatment with Aqua Tite fabric treatment (re-treatment required after machine washing).
- mildew can be treated using IOSSO Mold and Mildew Cleaner. Soak in warm solution overnight, lightly scrub before washing.
- use IOSSO Seam Sealer for improved water resistance of seams
All Puddle Jump Bags were designed and tested aboard a cruising sailboat. Each bag is made in Cowichan Bay, BC.